preload button hover image:
HomeSearchRankingsStatisticsAboutContact
Current Time: Nov 24, 2020, 06:34:30 am
 Dwarf Fortress File Depot » Game Releases » PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64bit)
      
Registration is not required to download. However, it will allow you to vote, comment, and upload. Forgot your password?
File Listing: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64bit)
Last Updated: Nov 03, 2020, 05:44:08 am
First Created: May 01, 2013, 10:04:24 pm
File version: 0.47.04-r10
For DF version: 0.47.04
Downloads: 11,736 (1,825,326) Size: 274.72 MB
Views: 54,626 (3,459,417) Type: ZIP
Home:  Home page
Rating (64 votes): 4.9 / 5.0
Description
PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack bundles Dwarf Fortress with huge community upgrades - graphics, tools, bugfixes, and much more.

It's suitable for anyone - if you've never tried DF before, or played for years. For beginners, everything is bundled and set up for you; any setting can be safely ignored and the default will just work. For advanced players, everything is open: customise, add, remove, update, or replace anything you want to. The Starter Pack means you can spend hours setting up your fortress, instead of your DF install!

There's a thread on the Bay12 forums for feedback, questions, suggestions, or anything else about the pack. The second post has a complete table of contents, and recent changelogs.

Besides the official download page on DFFD (here!), /u/Hecknar maintains df.wicked-code.com, which mirrors every release since 0.40.01! The final 34.11 pack is here. The final 40.24 pack is here. The final 32-bit pack, 0.43.09-r09, is here. If you need an older pack or that site is down, let me know and we'll sort something out. OSX and Linux packs are available at http://dwarffortresswiki.org/Lazy_Newb_Pack

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Download (above) and unzip the folder
It's a bundle of portable apps; there's no further installation procedure.
The pack must be able to read/write files though - so don't put it in a "Program Files" folder.
2. [Optional]: Use this tool and the checksum on DFFD to confirm you got an uncorrupted file.
3. [Optional]: Upgrade from an earlier release by copying your old 'Dwarf Fortress 0.xx.yy/data/save/' folder to the new pack.
DO NOT try to upgrade by extracting or copying over an earlier pack.
4. [Optional]: Visit the DF wiki or my tutorials for help learning to play.

Finally, an appeal: Dwarf Fortress is free, and redistributable, because Toady lives off donations. You can support Bay12 Games here. Or you can donate to cover my time and costs here. Even if you decide not to donate, Dwarf Fortress is still free - and so is this unofficial pack.

support_large.png
Raw Data: JSON / Text
Checksum / Hash
SHA-256: fb2c65c2312317bb3c1d126b9a6f0f71518e887c29d9cfc8ff63b35d40c27340
IP: logged
Commands
More From This Author
Comments (Page 9 of 9)
IP: logged
 Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64b (v 0.44.12-r02)  » posted by Janus on Jun 15, 2020, 06:37:22 pm
Same answer as always:
Janus wrote:
False positives, not actual malware / viruses. They repeatedly pop up due to DFHack, which has to use DLL injection to hook into Dwarf Fortress. Antivirus software often sees this sort of behavior as suspicious, and even after they fix or whitelist the false positive, it tends to eventually show back up.
IP: logged
 PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64b (v 0.47.04-r06)  » posted by RogueNPS on Jun 17, 2020, 03:19:35 pm
Ok then, so its safe to download?
IP: logged
 Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64b (v 0.47.04-r06)  » posted by Janus on Jun 17, 2020, 03:44:20 pm
RogueNPS wrote:
Ok then, so its safe to download?
Yes.
IP: logged
 PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64b (v 0.47.04-r06)  » posted by Lilmario153 on Jul 10, 2020, 08:46:52 am
Can someone help? I get these green bars every time I start the game. I don't know why.
IP: logged
 Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64b (v 0.47.04-r06)  » posted by clinodev on Jul 10, 2020, 03:23:36 pm
Lilmario153 wrote:
Can someone help? I get these green bars every time I start the game. I don't know why.

It's your new-ish Intel video drivers. Most of the reports are INTEL UHD Graphics 630, and it affects some premium software, so it'll probably get fixed soon. In the meanwhile, you might be able to play if you set your print mode to 2d instead of twbt or whatever you have it on currently. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.msg8156082#msg8156082
IP: logged
 Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64b (v 0.47.04-r06)  » posted by Lilmario153 on Jul 16, 2020, 08:39:21 am
clinodev wrote:
Lilmario153 wrote:
Can someone help? I get these green bars every time I start the game. I don't know why.

It's your new-ish Intel video drivers. Most of the reports are INTEL UHD Graphics 630, and it affects some premium software, so it'll probably get fixed soon. In the meanwhile, you might be able to play if you set your print mode to 2d instead of twbt or whatever you have it on currently. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.msg8156082#msg8156082

Update: I switched my print mode to 2D and it works. :green:
IP: logged
 PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64b (v 0.47.04-r08)  » posted by WongHuang on Sep 12, 2020, 08:58:30 am
First,thanks for your sharing.

I met a problem that the DF crashed randomly. It just closed.

It is just bother me when I have 2-3 hours playing and it crashed with no saves.

Can you solve this problem?
IP: logged
 PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64b (v 0.47.04-r08)  » posted by Command_not_recognized on Sep 23, 2020, 11:46:51 pm
I've been looking for a good pack to help me get into DF, thanks!
IP: logged
 PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64b (v 0.47.04-r08)  » posted by Gnyav on Sep 25, 2020, 09:52:59 am
The false positive is kind of a problem. I tried now adding this on my work pc and the antivirus directly blocks the .exe and since i can't touch anything on it, i can't run this.
strange thing is, i used to be able to run this... maybe because it was from a different hard drive (i no longer have it though)?
IP: logged
 Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64b (v 0.47.04-r08)  » posted by Janus on Sep 25, 2020, 11:08:57 am
Gnyav wrote:
The false positive is kind of a problem. I tried now adding this on my work pc and the antivirus directly blocks the .exe and since i can't touch anything on it, i can't run this.
strange thing is, i used to be able to run this... maybe because it was from a different hard drive (i no longer have it though)?
Antivirus vendors generally have a form or e-mail address available on their website where you can submit false positive reports to them. It might take a few days, but in my experience they usually will update their virus definitions to fix false positives fairly quickly. YMMV.

Of course, due to the nature of memory modification, that false positive for LNP/DFHack will likely show back up eventually, as it has several times over the years.
comment last edited by Janus on Sep 25, 2020, 11:10:12 am
IP: logged
 Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64b (v 0.47.04-r08)  » posted by Gnyav on Sep 25, 2020, 01:58:07 pm
Janus wrote:
Antivirus vendors generally have a form or e-mail address available on their website where you can submit false positive reports to them. It might take a few days, but in my experience they usually will update their virus definitions to fix false positives fairly quickly. YMMV.

Of course, due to the nature of memory modification, that false positive for LNP/DFHack will likely show back up eventually, as it has several times over the years.

hm, maybe that's what happened last time, since i was able to play it a couple of months ago. I will check if i can do something like this... otherwise i can play the vanilla game and just add utilities manually...
IP: logged
 PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64b (v 0.47.04-r08)  » posted by MagentaFox on Sep 29, 2020, 08:04:18 pm
What should I know if I intend to release any programs/art/scripts from this with my own mod? How many permissions did the author of this need? It would be convenient if I only need to link to the originals.
IP: logged
 Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64b (v 0.47.04-r08)  » posted by PeridexisErrant on Sep 29, 2020, 08:45:43 pm
MagentaFox wrote:
What should I know if I intend to release any programs/art/scripts from this with my own mod? How many permissions did the author of this need? It would be convenient if I only need to link to the originals.

Yep, linking to the originals is plenty. You're also welcome to use/customise the scripts I use to assemble the pack, from https://github.com/PeridexisErrant/starter-pack
IP: logged
 PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64b (v 0.47.04-r08)  » posted by MagentaFox on Sep 30, 2020, 09:09:34 am
Oh thank you for the information and such a fast response. I'm happy!
IP: logged
 PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64b (v 0.47.04-r09)  » posted by sk8bit on Nov 02, 2020, 03:18:31 am
Hi! First I'd like to show my appreciation for the hard work and dedication all of you have for Dwarf Fortress. The passion for this piece of art is astonishing and since day one has not died down even slightly; as a matter of fact it seems to continue to grow into a roaring fire. Very impressive indeed.

With that said, I want to point out that the links you provided for the starter packs - all of them lead me to a forum post stating on the top that the file contents being provided by the poster are deprecated and to find the current version if possible.

Can someone help me out, if I'm missing something I'm gonna feel real stupid. But a simple link to the current version would be greatly appreciated...

again, sorry if I'm just missing something right in front of my face I'll continue searching and will let you know if I solve my own problem.
IP: logged
 Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64b (v 0.47.04-r09)  » posted by devent on Nov 02, 2020, 03:38:17 am
sk8bit wrote:
Hi! First I'd like to show my appreciation for the hard work and dedication all of you have for Dwarf Fortress. The passion for this piece of art is astonishing and since day one has not died down even slightly; as a matter of fact it seems to continue to grow into a roaring fire. Very impressive indeed.

With that said, I want to point out that the links you provided for the starter packs - all of them lead me to a forum post stating on the top that the file contents being provided by the poster are deprecated and to find the current version if possible.

Can someone help me out, if I'm missing something I'm gonna feel real stupid. But a simple link to the current version would be greatly appreciated...

again, sorry if I'm just missing something right in front of my face I'll continue searching and will let you know if I solve my own problem.

You are already in the right place. On top there is the "Download Now" button. The current version of Dwarf Fortress is 0.47.04.
IP: logged
 PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64b (v 0.47.04-r09)  » posted by sk8bit on Nov 02, 2020, 06:32:17 am
Wow!! :pint: thanks. I sure was just staring straight at it.
Showing comments 161 to 177 of 177 Showing Page 9 of 9  « First  <  7  8  9 
HomeSearchRankingsStatisticsAboutContact

Website © 2020 FenriSoft. The core site script is PHCDownload (© 2005-2020).
Hosted by Linode.