|Registration is not required to download. However, it will allow you to vote, comment, and upload. Forgot your password?|
|File Listing: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack|
Last Updated: Apr 26, 2016, 01:56:31 am
First Created: Dec 01, 2015, 06:03:06 pm
THIS IS AN OUTDATED VERSION OF THE STARTER PACK
Stable and fully-featured, it is based on DF2014 (version 0.40.24) and includes the products of over a year of work by the community.
However, it was made obsolete by the release of Dwarf Fortress version 0.42; the main Starter Pack has continued to update while this version of the pack was moved to a seperate download page for archival. The current Starter Pack can be found here, and is considerably more advanced.
Unless you have a specific interest in playing an older version of Dwarf Fortress, I strongly encourage you to download the newer pack linked above. This pack is no longer supported, and will never be updated. The old pack description, table of contents, and partial changelog follows.
PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack bundles Dwarf Fortress with huge community upgrades - graphics, tools, bugfixes, and much more.
[size=18pt]Download the latest Starter Pack here![/size]
It's suitable for anyone - if you've never tried DF before, or played for years. For beginners, everything is bundled and set up for you; any setting can be safely ignored and the default will just work. For advanced players, everything is open: customise, add, remove, update, or replace anything you want to. The Starter Pack means you can spend hours setting up your fortress, instead of your DF install!
There's a thread on the Bay12 forums for feedback, questions, suggestions, or anything else about the pack. The second post has a complete table of contents, and recent changelogs.
Besides the official download page on DFFD[/url], /u/Hecknar maintains df.wicked-code.com, which mirrors every release since 0.40.01! The final 34.11 pack is here. The final 40.24 pack is here. If you need an older pack or that site is down, let me know and we'll sort something out. OSX and Linux packs are available at http://lazynewbpack.com
1. Download and unzip the folder
It's a bundle of portable apps; there's no further installation procedure.
The pack must be able to read/write files though - so don't put it in a "Program Files" folder.
2. [Optional]: Use this tool and the checksum on DFFD to confirm you got an uncorrupted file.
3. [Optional]: Upgrade from an earlier release by running the 'copy my data' script with both versions next to each other in a folder.
DO NOT try to upgrade by extracting or copying over an earlier pack.
4. [Optional]: Visit the DF wiki or my tutorials for help learning to play.
Finally, an appeal: Dwarf Fortress is free, and redistributable, because Toady lives off donations. You can support Bay12 Games here. Or you can donate to cover my time and costs here. Even if you decide not to donate, Dwarf Fortress is still free - and so is this unofficial pack.
- Dwarf Fortress 0.40.24
- PyLNP 0.10b
- Stonesense (in DFHack)
- TwbT v5.50
- Stocksettings 2
- Announcement Window 1.1b
- Armok Vision v0.7.2
- DF Story Maker 1.0
- Dorven Realms R1
- Dwarf Mockup 1.0.3
- Dwarf Therapist 32.0
- Isoworld 2.1
- Legends Viewer 1.13.24
- PerfectWorld 1.9
- Picturefort 2.1
- Quickfort 2.04
- Soundsense 2015-1
- World Viewer 2.1.3
- PerfectWorld XML 1
- Quickfort Blueprints 2.3
- updated graphics; Fricy did a lot of cleanup work
- updated DFHack to 40.24-r5
- updated TwbT to 5.50
- config changes to match DFHack bugfixes
- now using https://github.com/PeridexisErrant/starter-pack
- belatedly updated World Viewer to 2.1.3
- dropped 32bit World Viewer
- updated Dwarf Therapist to 32.0
- disabled buggy confirmation dialogues; squad-disband and haul-delete
- changed extra init file; now triggers on map load instead of world load
- removed skill rust announcements from soundsense script
- updated Announcement Window to v1.2; mostly bugfixes
- updated DFHack to 40.24-r4; see that changelog elsewhere
- removed menu-mouse plugin; incompatible with new DFhack and no updates
- several backported scripts were replaced by other tools in the new DFHack
- removed autoresetgrid.lua
- updated custom init files; see LNP/Extras folder
- updated TwbT to v5.48
- fixed some DFHack config; reduced errors or unwanted output
- removed Blocky Map App; zoom all the way out in Armok Vision instead
- updated Armok Vision to v0.7.2, and dropped 32bit support
- updated Obsidian graphics; Fricy fixes some grass issues
- updated Gemset to v1.4
- added Doren's TwbT overrides for Phoebus
- removed Announcement Filter
- added Announcement Window v1.1; like the above but better!
- updated PyLNP to 0.10b-2; same code but compiled with newer Python
- updated TwbT to v5.47
- added Armok Vision 0.6a; includes automatic 32/64 bit handling
- updated remotefortressreader for latest Armok Vision
- updated open-legends.lua; help key works now
Older changelogs can be found in ./LNP/about/changelog.txt
|More From This Author|