preload button hover image:
HomeSearchRankingsStatisticsAboutContact
Current Time: Sep 25, 2021, 05:30:56 pm
 Dwarf Fortress File Depot » Pregenerated Worlds » Port of 34.11 world - Canyon, 2x waterfall
      
Registration is not required to download. However, it will allow you to vote, comment, and upload. Forgot your password?
File Listing: Port of 34.11 world - Canyon, 2x waterfall
Last Updated: Sep 30, 2014, 04:30:46 am
File version: Unspecified
For DF version: 0.40.13
Downloads: 92 Size: 67.18 MB
Views: 1,765 Type: ZIP
Rating (0 votes): Unrated
Description
http://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/2hg0fe/the_bridgefort_of_spiregilt_built_over_a_massive/

Used the world gen for this fortress from 34.11 in 40.05 (to generate the same terrain) and then applied 40.13 raws.

Zip file includes the world gen used. No vampires / werewolves (can be regenned with those enabled)

Site can be found as follows: use the large lake in the south east corner as a reference. Find the volcano to the left (west) of it. From the volcano go north west 9 squares and you should see 2 rivers crossing.
Raw Data: JSON / Text
Checksum / Hash
SHA-256: 227c05baa09d562d352d7cc684db0f9870d8705e32ab7090d95594e72dec6fe2
IP: logged
Commands
More From This Author
Comments
IP: logged
 Port of 34.11 world - Canyon, 2x wa (v )  » posted by rmblr on Nov 24, 2014, 10:02:56 am
I can't seem to find the embark, could you post a screenshot?

edit: found it based on the original upload

https://i.imgur.com/qCjApBO.png
comment last edited by rmblr on Nov 24, 2014, 10:12:31 am
IP: logged
 Re: Port of 34.11 world - Canyon, 2x wa (v )  » posted by Tarasque on Nov 24, 2014, 12:21:50 pm
Sorry - should have included a picture. Thought the explanation was sufficient to locate it :)
IP: logged
 Re: Port of 34.11 world - Canyon, 2x wa (v )  » posted by rmblr on Nov 24, 2014, 01:23:52 pm
Tarasque wrote:
Sorry - should have included a picture. Thought the explanation was sufficient to locate it :)

No worries, I was a bit impatient I suppose.

Is there no way to get this worldgen to work with a newer version? I'd love to have some of the newer features that requires a new gen.
IP: logged
 Re: Port of 34.11 world - Canyon, 2x wa (v )  » posted by Tarasque on Nov 25, 2014, 01:33:33 am
rmblr wrote:
Is there no way to get this worldgen to work with a newer version? I'd love to have some of the newer features that requires a new gen.
You would need to experiment. These are the things I'd try (these are individual attempts, rather than cumulative steps) :
a) use world gen with poles set to none
b) copy newer raws to older version and attempt world gen (if this works you would get stepladders)
IP: logged
 Re: Port of 34.11 world - Canyon, 2x wa (v )  » posted by rmblr on Nov 26, 2014, 09:53:33 am
Tarasque wrote:
rmblr wrote:
Is there no way to get this worldgen to work with a newer version? I'd love to have some of the newer features that requires a new gen.
You would need to experiment. These are the things I'd try (these are individual attempts, rather than cumulative steps) :
a) use world gen with poles set to none
b) copy newer raws to older version and attempt world gen (if this works you would get stepladders)

Ok, taking your world gen, setting Poles to None, then generating on vanilla 40.18 results in a world very similar to the one generated in 40.05, but slightly different. The major lakes are there, the general course of rivers are there, but the specific intersection of rivers we're looking for doesn't exist. That said, there are still quite a few river intersections with large cliffs. Here is a comparison of the worlds: https://imgur.com/a/Hb17b

I've uploaded the 40.18 world approximation here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10134

And here is 34.11's Spiregilt: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10133
HomeSearchRankingsStatisticsAboutContact

Website © 2021 FenriSoft. The core site script is PHCDownload (© 2005-2021).
Hosted by Linode.